We have a wide range of sporting activities at Star Academy Sandyford to enhance and enrich our PE curriculum. Some of these are funded through the use of the Sport’s Premium and others are funded from school funds.
- All pupils have PE lessons in school. These cover the whole range of the subject – movement, fitness, gymnastics, dance, games, athletics, swimming.
- Swimming takes place for classes in Key Stage 2 .
- All children (from Nursery to Year 6) have the option to take part in a variation of extra-curricular after-school clubs, these include staff led and sport specific coaches e.g. football, gymnastics, circuit training, rounders and multi-skills.
- Pupils in Year 6 have the opportunity to undertake a residential visit for OAA and adventurous activities weekend.
- We have coaches in school to deliver additional PE lessons e.g. Dance and competitive sports
- We take part in local competitions e.g. football league, cross-country competitions, netball tournaments, Athletics at Northwood etc
Our sports premium statement can be found here:Evidencing-the-Impact-of-Primary-PE-and-Sport-Premium-2018-2019-STAR