Our long term vision is the academy will be a hub for the community providing many services from pre-school playgroup to youth clubs, from drop in police surgeries to fire safety advice. We have an ambition to set up a community farm and on site fruit and vegetable gardens. Star Academy will be a building that is used by the whole community every day, of every week of the whole year.
So far the school has set up links with the following partners.
- PSCO – PCSO Frost
- Fire Service – Rehana Iqbal
- School Nurse – Richard Cotton
- Tunstall Children’s Centre – Lynette Wolmsley
- Safe School Journeys – Stephen Dyster
- Reading Partners Project – Ann Shackleston
- Adult Education – Academy Transformation Trust
- Healthy Families – Ministry of Sport/NHS
We are looking forward to having our own Community Well Being Centre in situ from Summer 2016. This will be a fabulous venue to accommodate a wealth of services to support our families and the local community.